Offering flexible services, stretching from single component reviews to whole-vehicle programmes
Ricardo delivers high-quality prototype and low-volume manufacturing of complex products and assemblies, ranging from engines, transmissions, electric motors and generators, battery packs and fuel-cell systems to clean-sheet special vehicle programmes.
With extensive in-house machining, heat treatment, assembly and inspection facilities, we also manufacture a wide range of powertrain systems for motorsport and high-performance production vehicles. In addition to its role in the internal operations, Ricardo’s manufacturing engineering team also provides a comprehensive and highquality manufacturing consultancy service.
Capabilities spanning from concept development through to full-product and trackside support position Ricardo as a world-class partner and ensure seamless integration for its clients.
Ricardo niche manufacture and assembly services
- Design for manufacture and assembly (DFMA) with components, assemblies and systems optimized to improve key client requirements without sacrificing functionality
- Reducing cost, complexity, assembly time and warranty risk, while improving utilization of materials
- Product purchasing specification, including technical requirements, measurement, inspection and testing procedures, and logistics
- Process development, including valuestream mapping and flow definition, process layouts utilizing lean, six-sigma and 5S principles, and load-balancing
- Work-station specification, including fixture design, tooling, measurement systems, ergonomics and quality techniques
- Supplier qualification, selection and management, including auditing and technical and quality improvement initiatives
- Warranty optimization
- Component- and system-level cost estimating and product benchmarking
- Complete lifecycle support via a dedicated programme manager